Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sylvan Beach

Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a planner and don't like to break my routine with the kids so when Steve asked me the other night after dinner if I wanted to go to Sylvan Beach, I surprised myself by saying yes. I love it here, I know it's not a popular place by some but I love it's (OK I'll spare you by saying vintage) oldness (better?).
Justin on Carello's Carousel. Love the clown on the bench.
This carousel dates back to 1896, which I love. Steve took this and it's a little too flashy for me, makes me shiny.
Something about these colors, reminds me of the movie Amelie.

This was right before we left, it was getting darker and all the rides had been ridden and the snacks had been bought. It was a nice break from my routine.
I played around with the color levels on this one, trying to make it look a little older.