Sunday, December 20, 2009

Salt Dough Ornaments





December 20
I was talking on the phone with my cousin Misti last night and she gave me the idea to make salt dough ornaments.
This morning (being a weekend morning) I found myself with the kids all day with nothing planned so we made these ornaments. These were one of the better crafts I've done with the kids (thanks Misti!) because the kids were really interested and into it, it was in steps so the whole process took some time, not 5 minutes and done like other things we've done. They hung the ornaments on their trees. We are going to make these every year. Actually, I did have a flashback to my childhood making these. I made my mom letters spelling Merry Christmas. It was the smell of the dough that jogged my memory. I was such a crafter even as a kid.