Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crowns


Isla's birthday is quickly approaching. I never set out to make crowns for Isla every birthday party, it just happened. Her 1st party was vintage themed and I wanted to create a hat for her that looked like a party hat from the 1960's. I had nothing to go on, just my imagination. I'm not crazy about it, should have done a cone hat but whatever, can't go back. On her 2nd birthday, I decided to make one just hours before her party, as it was a last minute decision. Her theme was Sesame and red hearts so I used a red heart that were used as decorations to make her simple crown. Her 3rd birthday came around and at that point, decided I will make one every year until one of us no longer exists.

Last night I had a dream that it was her Sweet Sixteen party. We were in a different house and I had a super long table all set with candles and she peeked in the window and got excited. Also in my dream, I had pictures of her at every one of her birthday parties in front of her birthday cake. When I woke up I thought about the dream more and thought what a great idea to make a banner of the cake pictures and on the other side, the crown picture and have them hang in mid-air so they kind of spin. Yes, that's right, I'm already thinking about her Sweet Sixteen!!